SMC Evaluation Programme
In 2006, the SMC commissioned the National Medicines Utilisation Unit (NMUU) (see www.isdscotland.org/isd4091.html), Information Services Division, NHS National Services Scotland, to explore how SMC has impacted on and engaged with its key stakeholders and to examine how SMC advice has shaped medicines use across NHSScotland. The first phase of this evaluation is now complete and the summary and full reports can be accessed by clicking on the links below:
- Evaluation of how SMC has engaged with its key stakeholders and shaped medicines use across NHSScotland
- Evaluation of the SMC's impact on and engagement with stakeholders.
- SMC 'not recommended' advice – an investigation of medicines use across Scotland.
- SMC 'accepted for use' and 'accepted for restricted use' advice - an investigation of medicines use across Scotland.
- Measuring adherence of NHS boards to SMC advice for 'unique' treatments.
- An evaluation of manufacturer's budget impact estimates with resource use over time in NHSScotland.